Saturday, September 11, 2010

New York!





Today, September 11th, 2010 marks the 9th anniversary of the New York Twin Towers.


Move those cars faster! Push the pedal!

This is the view I have two days a week on my way to Court Reporting class. The PT Cruiser goes putt, putt, putt, along I95 with my music, iphone, and snacks. The cars in front of me are going toooooo……..slow in order for me to use the turbo. {Except in situations when public schools have teacher work days.} Many parents take these days off to spend time with their children, or so they won’t have to pay a babysitter. I’m fairly sure parents take these days off to spend quality time with their children. In the back seat are the following items. My carry bag on wheels full of my books, a goal, and different color steno paper. Yes, I’m FINALLY in level four! There are six levels of speed to accomplish before I can walk and receive my Associate of Arts Degree. There are the occasional, “You must repeat the semester since your speed is not what was expected.” ;./ My memory of steno has improved this semester. I was so surprised when I sat down to practice my Jury Charge which was reading a speed of 100 wpm. But…..wait, I could read the screen with a few mistakes. My in-class speed is much faster, but I want to be able to read what I write.

2 comments:

RANGER said...

Level Four! Congratulations on your progress. Yes, reading what you type sounds like a good thing. Heh.

I never heard anyone's fingers move so fast on a keyboard as yours do, bar none. Even JoAnn, who used to be a telegraph typist for Southern Bell, was not as fast as you are. And she did not have to use capital letters or proper punctuation, either.

Go Speedy! Go Speedy, go!

ol Doc said...

Level 4 of 6 and how very much closer to your goal. I'm so proud of you. When you walk, I'll be there in spirit and it'll all be worth the time, effort and frustrated driving time behind all those slow cars. Funny, I have heard a rumor that a PT Cruiser doesn't go putt, putt - more like Zoom-Zoom!